In this course you are introduced to relational database concepts and SQL. Structured Query Language (SQL) is used to interact with a relational database and manipulate data. You will learn to write SQL statements to build query reports and manipulate data in Oracle Database 12c.
You will learn how to:
- Retrieve row and column data from tables with the SELECT statement
- Create reports of sorted and restricted data
- Employ SQL functions to generate and retrieve customized data
- Run complex queries to retrieve data from multiple tables
- Run data manipulation language (DML) statements to update data in Oracle Database
- Manage users with different levels of access privileges
- Use Data Dictionary Views
During this free, 4-week MOOC you will watch videos, complete homework and interact with fellow students and facilitators to guide your experience in gaining an introductory understanding of SQL and Oracle Database 12c.