This lab shows developers and administrators how to set up a .NET web server on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure that connects to Oracle Autonomous Database. Then, they will develop and deploy a simple To Do List ASP.NET Core web application that uses all these components. By the end, they will have a live, working website on the Internet.
The deployment uses NGINX web server and Oracle Data Provider for .NET (ODP.NET) to connect to Oracle Autonomous Database.
This lab demonstrates how to:
1. Create a cloud account
2. Create an Oracle Autonomous Database instance
3. Create a sample schema in the instance
4. Create an Oracle Cloud infrastructure virtual machine
5. Setup networking for the web server and database
6. Set up an ASP.NET Core web server using NGINX
7. Develop an Oracle .NET web application that retrieves data from the Autonomous Database sample schema
8. Deploy and test the web application